RECIPE BY: Nathalie Charron
- 1 box Rice and Quinoa Macaroni
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 12 asparagus stalks, steamed or roasted and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
- Garnish: Pumpkin seeds
Lemon Turmeric Dressing:
- ¼ cup milk
- 2-4 tbsp pasta water
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 6-10 twists of freshly ground pepper
- Follow package instructions and prepare the macaroni. When ready, save 4 tablespoons of pasta water and drain the rest. Transfer macaroni to a large bowl, drizzle with a pinch of olive oil and toss until the macaroni is well coated.
- Mix in remaining salad ingredients and set aside while preparing the dressing.
- Blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth and very well combined. Add some more pasta water or milk for a thinner dressing.
- Serve salad with dressing mixed in or on the side. Garnish with pumpkin seeds before serving.