RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen
We’re showing off our anelli short pasta in this salad and going with more of a cheesy-type dressing, made with lemon and cashews. Each bite is so flavourful, you will not be disappointed!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2.5 cups uncooked anelli
- 10 Asparagus sticks, steamed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 handfuls arugula (or other salad greens)
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
Lemon Cashew Dressing:
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in drinking water for 30 minutes
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 10 twists of freshly ground pepper
- Follow package instructions and cook anelli pasta in a saucepan.
- While the anelli cooks, prepare the dressing. Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the anelli is cooked through, drain the water and place the anelli back in the same saucepan. Add lemon cashew dressing, asparagus and arugula. Mix well and serve warm or set aside for 15 minutes until cool. Sprinkle chili flakes before serving.