RECIPE BY: My Kale Kitchen by Amrita
Nothing screams Christmas like these beautiful holiday sugar cookies. Featuring our quinoa flour for a nutty flavour and a touch of silver dust for some holiday magic! We recommend putting on your favorite holiday playlist while you make these.
Makes 22 – 24 cookies
Prep time: 2 hours 30 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Total time: 2 hour 40 minutes
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp butter, melted or softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbs almond flour
- ¼ heaped tsp Andean pink salt
- ½ – ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- In a small bowl or jar, combine almond milk and flaxseed meal and set aside for 5-7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until combined and fluffy. Mix in almond extract and flaxseed meal mixture
- Mix in both flours, salt, cardamom and Allspice until well combined. Knead mixture for 2-3 minutes. The mixture will be soft but it shouldn’t be sticky. To test the dough, pinch a small amount between your thumb and index finger, the dough will be buttery and soft but should come together and should not stick to your fingers.
- If the dough is too sticky, add some more flour, 1 tbs at a time and if the dough is too dry add some almond milk, 1 tsp at a time.
- Form a dough log and tightly wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours up to overnight. The colder the dough the easier it is to work with.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350o F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into 3-4 portions and work with 1 portion at a time. Keep remaining portions refrigerated. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough and using cookie cutters, cut cookies and place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow cookies to cool down completely before icing them.
- Use your favourite icing and decorate cookies to your preference.